THE WISE MAN BUILDS HIS HOUSE UPON THE ROCK!
A piece of Jamaica belongs to all Jamaicans, start saving towards yours by becoming a voluntary contributor with NHT. Get qualified for up to 6.5 million dollars with NHT or apply for more through their Joint Mortgage Programs.
WHO IS A VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTOR?
As stated by the National Housing Trust Act a Voluntary Contributor is someone who (on application) has been granted a certificate authorizing him/her to make voluntary contributions.
- 0 to 6% low interestNHT loans to assist in building, buying, repairing, or improving homes.
- Joint financing with NHT and other financial institutions
- Housing benefit
- Refund (with interest) on payments made to the Trust
- Tax Compliance Certification.
- Applicant may or may not be residing in Jamaica
- 18 years of age or over
- Not above the age of retirement
- Earning at least the minimum wage.
- Holders of work permit are not considered overseas voluntary contributors
- Consumer Information Form
- Completed Voluntary Contributors Form
- Completed Indemnity Form
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) card
- Valid (not expired) Photo ID (such as a Voters ID, Driver’s License or Passport).
- National Insurance (NIS) card
- Proof of Overseas Residence- (Permanent Resident Card, Indefinite Card, Passport)
- Initial Monthly Payment
- If you have never contributed to the NHT, your waiting time to access a benefit upon registering with the NHT is 2 years.
- Your monthly contributions must be made on time for the 12 months immediately before the date of your loan application.
- Your payments must be made before the 14th of the following month.
- Waiting time is 1 year
- You must pay your monthly contributions on time for the 12 months immediately before your loan application.
- Your payments must be made before the 14th of the following month
To become an Overseas Voluntary Contributor, you must be a permanent resident or a citizen of the country you currently live in.
Start Saving Towards A Home By Filling Out All FOUR Documents Below then make the One Time Service Payment.
Your documents will be sent for validation and processing.
What Happens Next?
NHT WILL SEND YOUR WELCOME LETTER TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED.
Your initial payment will be mentioned on your letter.
CLAIM YOUR HOME ON THE ROCK!
You can now create your online account with NHT and make your first payment towards your new island home.